Saturday, June 5, 2010

At the corner of Rhode Island



Sometimes my walks take me to unexpected places. What I wanted to do was walk the airline trail to the Massachusetts' boarder. After I had gotten there I started to walk back and was seduced by a blue blazed trail (I am like a moth to flame). After a short hike I saw this obelisk with the letter Conn on it. Since I had already walked to the Mass boarder I thought I had doubled back and reached the boarder on a different route. When I looked around the stone I saw that one side had Conn, one side had Mass 1883, one side was blank, and then I saw RI 1888. I was surprised to be at the corner of Rhodes Island.
A wonderful bonus to a fun walk/hike. This trail is rather rugged and I would rate it a 6 or 7. The walk to this trail is relatively short and easy.





No comments:

Post a Comment