Thursday, May 6, 2010

Connections

Sometimes my walks are designed just to make connections. Tuesday part of my walk took me further along route 244 near the Vanilla Bean. The walk involves about 2 miles along this busy road and if I didn't "need' the connection I wouldn't have walked it. Now I just need to make one more connection here and I will have walked the length of route 244.

Today I accidentally made a second connection, well it wasn't planned anyway. I had basically given up on walking the airline, as parts of it in Hampton are a swamp. I was going to make different connection and I "stumbled" across the airline in Chaplin/Hampton line. Against my better judgement I turned onto the airline. The section is absolutely delightful and highly recommended as a nature walk (how come my "better judgement" usually stinks?). The path I took is a gentle 2% slope from Chaplin to Hampton. Part of the fun today was I meet by a gentleman around my age who ws walking his "rescue" Doberman, Sheena, one of the sweetest dogs you would ever want to meet. Sadly this means I need to make the connection, the Hampton swamp. After that I will walk the path toward the intersection with the now abandoned Providence-Hartford RR. I am looking foward to that walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment