Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Walking Northeast Connecticut

This blog is about seeing Northeast Connecticut by mostly non-motorized means. It is also a personal log of the walks that I have taken. Many of the walks are along roadways, so anyone traveling them needs to be careful of traffic. The law for walking is on the far left (against the trafic) and for bikes it is the normal rules of the road. I will grade all of these walks by distance and a difficulty rating of 1-10 with 1 being flat and smooth and 10.....well climbing Mt. Manadnock in New Hampshire is a 9. Distance is not included in the difficulty. I will be happy to take any walk with anybody at their pace (anything less than 4 miles/hour) for any distance less than 10 miles.

I will also include walks in other parts of the country as I walk them. This summer I hopefully will get out to the Grand Canyon and I am already scheduled to go to New Mexico, where I hope to walk the Quamazon Trail (3000 foot vertical climb over 8 miles, starting at 7500 ft.)

Also another hobby I have taken up is bread baking, and I will occasionally talk about that, you can, of course, ignore those.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment